Sunday, February 10, 2013

10 Feb-Penguin,Ridge, Burma etc

I left P6 around 9am to skate toward Penguin.  I was pleasantly surprised by how firm the skate lane was however the firmness lasted only for 100m where the groomer had turned off toward another trail. 

The parkway was slow and quite messy.  I am not sure if it was groomed or not.  The tracks did not look good either.  Things improved at Penguin.  There was a small ridge that ran along Ridge that was decreasing the skate lane forcing some degradation of the new tracks but overall Ridge was in very good shape, much better than the parkway.

I turned right at Fortune parkway, it was not in good shape, again I could not tell if it had been groomed or not.  I turned at Burma and was very happy to see that it had been freshly groomed.  It was in excellent condition although it is a touch narrow. 

After Burma I was back on Ridge again until the top of the hill after Wolf.  It was in good shape and quite firm.  In spots there was snowmobile tracks.  24, 2, 1b were all in very good shape.

I came back along the parkway and it was soft in the middle.  Lots of skaters seemed to be having as much trouble as I was.

Hopefully they will get the replacement groomer here soon to improve the parkways.  Overall the conditions were slow again but the grooming was very good everywhere except the parkways.

1 comment:

  1. Same here, but I knew the pkwy would be soft so I just took a short part of it. Camp Fortune - 4 - 14 - 1 - 1b - 1 - 24 - 1 - 1b - Lookout - Pkwy - 3 - Pkwy - 1 - 31- 30 - 1 - 14 - loop of the race course - Camp Fortune. Ridge, 1b and 24 were in good shape as was the race course, I was able to power through the rollers. Burma was a little choppy, but with good control, including the down hill to the pkwy. It was nice to finely get to ski on it, my favorite, gave Peter a high five as we past one another. All of it just under two hour window.

    ReplyDelete