Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 6 - Last one this season

I figured that trail 50 would be groomed overnight and I would have a nice fast ski.  As it turned out I was partly right.

I parked at p16 and elected to walk down the hill seeing as there was no snow on the bridge.  Skiing from there was ok but there had not been the grooming I was expecting.  There was some grooming that was perhaps done later yesterday starting at 36.  It was icy with some frozen ruts.  It was like that until Herridge.  Then it got great!!!  The grooming was fresh and was really good right to P19.  There is the odd muddy spot but it was easy to get around.

Unfortunately trail 55 did not look like any grooming had been done at all so it was only trail 50 today.  I saw many people cruising the fields and it looked like fun but I hope they didn't do that because they thought the trail was no good.

Perfect temperature, fast, freshly groomed snow and lovely sun.  A great way to end the season.  I put the waxing table away this afternoon.

Thank you to all the folks who I don't know but frequently recognized me out on the trails and always had a friendly smile or nod for me and thank you to those who have sent me emails supporting my trail condition report.  

Tomorrow I will watch Paris-Roubaix then its out on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment