Sunday, December 23, 2012

23DEC P16-P19 + Taylor Lake

Growing slightly tired of the parkways I thought I would take my chances on trail 50 since the NCC website gives it the thumbs up.

For classic I would say conditions were fantastic.

However as  a skater I found them less so.  There was no fresh grooming except from P19 to trail 52.  This part was excellent although already the skate lane was being violated by walkers.

I got the impression that the previous grooming was of high quality but it was destroyed by all the walkers between Herridge and P16.   This area really needs to be groomed often.  There were 3 trees blocking the trail but nothing a few  minutes with a chainsaw would not fix.

Rumour has it that a groomer is broken and may be the reason for lack of grooming.  Still, an enjoyable day with not as many people out as I thought there would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment