Saturday, December 29, 2012

29 December Trail 50

When I looked at the first update from the NCC this morning I was disappointed that not more was groomed since yesterday given the heavy traffic.  I ventured to trail 50 thinking it would  have had less wear and tear.  I was very pleasantly surprised to see that it was freshly groomed,.  As of this post the NCC site still says it was groomed yesterday.

From P16 to Lac Philippe the skate lane is very narrow but from the Lac to P19 and the trail to Lac Taylor it  is nice and wide.  Conditions here would have to be rated 10 out of 10.

The narrow skate lane is a problem but it seems this section was groomed with one pass creating a very nice flat surface.  I kind of prefer the narrow lane to the Demsis Ridge that was there last year.  I expect that the narrow lanes are temporary.

The moral of this very nice story is not to believe the website.  Conditions were excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment