Friday, March 1, 2013

1 March update

I was skating from P6 starting around 2pm.  From a grooming perspective it started very well except the fresh grooming only went about 100m as the groomer had gone down #7.  (For my striding friends 7 looked fantastic).  Turning left on the parkway I headed to Penguin and Ridge.  There was fresh grooming only starting near the Gatineau Parkway.  Ridge did not have fresh grooming.  Fortune Parkway had very good conditions but I was very disappointed with the condition of the grooming on Burma.  From Burma I went to Champlain and back on the parkways.  Champlain Parkway to Fortune was very good but between Fortune and Gatineau Parkway there is no fresh grooming at all.

Basically everything had been groomed since the big dump but seemingly some spots, only one time.  This is not enough given the amount of snow.  Really strange is the fact the NCC sent out an email stating that because of the recent snow they would focus on the parkways.  Well, a big stretch very obviously needs to be groomed while at the same time trail 7 looked great?

Burma and Ridge have many soft spots, large gouges, luge runs etc.  Well I was out I did not see any grooming in progress.  Hopefully they will get to these trails overnight as they need to be compacted badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment