Monday, March 4, 2013

Mar 4 - fresh grooming everywhere

I didn't get out until later today and I wasn't sure if anything would be groomed to freshen up the trails from the weekend.  On the one hand it was nice to see fresh grooming everywhere except I found that in those areas freshly groomed it was very slow.  Not sure if that was my wax, my weakness or just slow snow?  On the parkways it was firmer and although not fast it was decent.

The race course was great and I was the only one there but it had the slowest snow of the day.  I apologize now for any destruction done to the tracks.  It was unintentional but basically unavoidable on some of those climbs. 

All of the following were freshly groomed today
Champlain and Fortune Parkways
Penguin and Ridge although Ridge was a bit too "ridgy" in some spots
Race Course
Burma
1A and 1B
24
Ridge right to the "2km to go" sign on the way to Mckinstry.

There was not a lot of skiers out today where I was so the trails will still be in great shape Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment