Friday, January 28, 2011

Gatineau Park 28Jan late afternoon ski from p10

I left from P10 and headed down 32 for Penguin.  32 does have some very thin spots and one must be vigilant.  The duldrums are well worn but decent.  Penguin was good as the troughs have been reduced making it much easier to make your way up.  However the hill at the lookout was all worn out again so be careful.  Ridge was quite good until Fortune-I think it had been groomed late in the day, either that or there was little activity today.  We all know what to expect after that on your way to Champlain!  The classic tracks everywhere seemed to be pretty good. 

The deer that hang around Huron are becoming more tame every day.  Today one of them just stood in the classic tracks staring at me while I skated by.   

With a little more snow tonight I expect tomorrow will be very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment