Sunday, January 22, 2012

22Jan, Penguin to FT + Burma etc

If for some strange reason you didn't like the conditions yesterday you would have been disappointed again.   The only difference was less snowmobile damage and grooming right out to the Tower, in others words- fantastic.

I left from P6 @ 9:30 and headed down the parkway to come back up via Penguin then I wanted to hit the Training Course.  There was a race on so I didn't get a chance to check it out for the first time this year.  Instead I went over to Burma and then headed to the Tower. 

The following trails were in very good to excellent condition: Parkways, Ridge; Penguin to the Tower, 4, 14, 1b and 24.  As for Burma, it is much improved and is certainly enjoyable although it could use a little more work.  At least it wasn't the slog that it had been a week or so ago.  Although I was going up, the hill coming down to the parkway is no longer a luge run.  There are a few thin spots showing up, in fact I got a nasty nick on Burma from a rock.

A truly great day skiing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment