Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Night ski 31Jan from P3 Freshly Groomed!

I left from P3 around 6:30pm and took the parkway to #5 and then back onto the parkway at Pinks.  As I climbed Pinks it got darker and the snow got deeper.  It was really quite dark when I started on the climb after the fork, heading toward P8.  I could see a very  bright light reflecting off the trees at the top.  At first I figured I was about to be abducted, then I thought it was the mountain bikers out again who had amazingly bright lights.  As I climbed and the object came toward me I was surprised to see it was the groomer.  No classic tracks, just one skate lane right down the middle.  I have never had first tracks at 7pm.  I went on to P8 and then turned around to come back on the freshly groomed lane.  I caught the groomer just as it was leaving P3.  It felt a bit strange; the parking lot was pretty full, it was surprisingly bright and there was a groomer.  I had to remind myself that it was nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment