Sunday, January 29, 2012

29Jan, from P6 - Penguin to Fire Tower

I left from P6 and headed down the Champlain Parkway to the Gatineau Parkway to come up Penguin.  The grooming on the parkways was very fresh.  I passed a groomer on the Gatineau Parkway and the track in front of the groomer was excellent, there really was not a need for that portion to be regroomed.  From the bottom of Penguin to Fortune Parkway was really good.  I couldn't tell if it had been groomed by human traffic or the groomer.  FP was perfect.  I went up Burma but it was not groomed.  It was still good skiing but quite slow.  From Champlain Lookout to the Fire Tower was not groomed.  It was slow and after a while began to wear me down.  The scenery was spectacular with the trees covered in snow.  1b and 24 also were ungroomed.  On the return leg down Ridge I turned right on the Fortune Parkway to head to the Champlain Parkway.  The Champlain had a fair amount of snow on it.  I am not sure if it had been groomed earlier but there was about 3cm of slow snow.  I think I went down King at about 15kph!  All in all a lovely day.  A long easy ski became a long tough ski, at least for me.  If they groom tonight tomorrow should be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment